Code of Conduct
PSS requires that its trustees, staff and anyone doing business with or otherwise associated with PSS, maintain the highest ethical standards in carrying out their activities and has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption in any form. This code expresses the principles of our ethics and is intended to assist all of those involved with the operations of PSS.
Anyone acting on behalf of PSS, whether paid or otherwise must:
- Behave honestly and with integrity;
- Act with care and diligence;
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment;
- Adhere to the principles of social care in the treatment of service users, i.e., dignity, privacy, choice, safety and realising potential
- Comply with all applicable legislation;
- Communicate in an appropriate, open and accurate way;
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by someone in PSS who has authority to give the direction;
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with PSS’s policy and procedures;
- Respect diversity and different cultures and values;
- Disclose, and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection with services provided to or by PSS;
- Use PSS resources appropriately in the manner for which they are intended;
- At all times behave in a way that upholds the good reputation of PSS;
- Comply with any other conduct requirement as is identified in PSS Policies and Procedures
- Take every reasonable precaution to avoid injury to self, colleagues, service users and members of the public.
PSS has relevant policies and procedures in place.