Wellbeing Practitioner – PSS Wellbeing Centres (x2)
Wellbeing Practitioner – PSS Wellbeing Centres
Salary: £22,799 per annum (Pro rata for part-time staff)
Job Ref No.: WPWC052022
Hours: 1x 37 hours 1x 34 hours
Contract type: Unlimited
PSS in a nutshell
At PSS, we’ve got an important job to do; and that’s to help people make the most of their lives, no matter what life throws at them. Whether you’re working directly with the people who use our services, or behind the scenes in one of our offices, every day you’ll be helping to make other people feel happier, healthier and more supported.
We’re a social enterprise or, as we like to call it – a ‘business with a heart’. This means that all the money we make goes back into finding new ways to help people. Our aim is simple; we want to help people change their lives for the better – no matter what life throws at them. We’ve got offices across Merseyside, North Wales, Lincolnshire, Manchester, Norfolk and Suffolk and the Midlands, where we’re making our stamp. Our Wellbeing Centres service is based across Liverpool at 3 hubs in Belle Vale, Garston and the City Centre and online via www.upbeatliverpool.com
The Wellbeing Centres
Many of us struggle with our mental health at some point in our lives, whether that be through relationship breakdown, suffering bereavement or through loss of job security. The Wellbeing Centres support people to develop the skills and coping mechanisms that will help them get through hard times.
What are we looking for?
Amongst other things we are looking for someone who:
– Has brilliant group work facilitation skills, and a knack for breaking down complicated theoretical concepts into simple, everyday language that everyone can understand.
– Has a genuine, kind and down-to-earth approach which puts people at ease so they feel they can explore, learn and change.
– Has some extra skills in areas that could make our current team even better, like the creative arts, mindfulness, or digital technology and online support.
– Lives and breathes peer support and co-production – . You will be an authentic mentor to volunteer peer supporters (they’re people who have used our services and want to offer help and support to other people who have been through the same things) and have an openness to work as equal partners with experts by experience in all aspects of service planning and delivery.
– Is a determined advocate who wants to help people live their lives in the way they want to. You’ll need to give practical (anti-poverty) support on matters such as welfare benefits, debt, housing, and employment, so you’ll need to be passionate about supporting people to navigate these systems by providing supporting letters, phone calls, emotional support or referring to other agencies.
– Has a big heart, open mind, determination, a genuine nature and professionalism
If this sounds like you, please apply.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 6th June 2022
INTERVIEWS HELD: Friday 10th June 2022
Please email your completed application and monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org
PSS values the importance of Diversity