Support Worker – Supported Living Service
Support worker – Supported Living
Salary: £9.06 per hour
Job Ref No: SLSWCL042021
Hours: 1 x 10 Hours
Contract type: Unlimited
PSS in a nutshell
At PSS, we’ve got an important job to do; and that’s to help people make the most of their lives. Whether you’re working directly with the people who use our services, or behind the scenes in one of our offices, every day you’ll be helping to make other people feel happier, healthier and more supported.
We’re a social enterprise or, as we like to call it – a ‘business with a heart’. This means that all the money we make goes back into finding new ways to help people. Our aim is simple; we want to help people change their lives for the better – no matter what life throws at them. We’ve got offices across Merseyside, Wales, Manchester, Norfolk and Suffolk, the Isle of Man and the Midlands, where we’re making our stamp.
What’s our Supported Living service all about
We have homes in Liverpool where people can live safely in their own flat or live with other people in a house. People living in one of our Supported Living arrangements can live as independently as you want to. They’ll have a support worker who can give them as much or as little support as they want and need. This could be adults with a learning disability, an older person who may need some support around the home, someone experiencing mental health struggles, somebody going through substance misuse or a young adult who needs support.
The support offered is completely person-centred and built around the individual person, their needs and goals for the future. Support workers can work with that person to help them develop new skills and become independent, manage their money and apply for benefits, access health and social care services, gain employment, get involved in the community, manage their emotions, take their medications, look after their personal care. It’s all about helping people feel safe, happy and well.
Who are we looking for?
We’re on the hunt for someone who has a big heart, is open-minded, genuine, determined and professional. The perfect candidate will be positive with a can-do approach and will be committed to providing excellent support.
Hi, I’m Christine. I like spending my time reading my bibles and I would like to find a church near me to go to mass. I also wish to be more involved with my own culture and access more groups and events for the Chinese community. I am a quiet person who likes a quiet life. I enjoy a laugh with people when I get to know them and I can be shy with new people.
I want someone to support me to:
- Make my own decisions about my day-to-day life. I need someone who empowers me to make my own choices in life. Someone needs to respect and understand my choices about my care and support.
- Speak in Chinese. This is my culture and it’s very important to me, so having basic Chinese language skills is a big plus.
- Keep in touch with my family. I am very close to my family. I would need someone to support me to stay in contact with them, especially my daughter and husband.
- Arrange days out doing the things I enjoy most when current restrictions ease. I would like to access more events happening especially in the local Chinese community, I would like to enjoy walks around China town and
- Go to church. My religion is a big part of my life. I’d like you to attend church with me and come to holy celebrations with me when the church is open.
- Stay fit and healthy. I need support with things like maintaining a healthy diet, reminders about my medication and booking appointments.
- Look after my home. I need some support with domestic stuff; things like washing up, making nutritious meals and hanging out my laundry to dry.
We offer a range of benefits
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Costco Wholesale membership
- Company pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Closing date – 21st April 2021
- Interviews – TBC
Please email your completed application and monitoring form to email@example.com
PSS values the importance of Diversity