October 18, 2017
Shared Lives Development Worker – Home and Community, Isle of Man
Salary: £25,566 pro rata
Fixed Term until December 2020
20 hours per week
Job Reference: IOMSLDW1217
PSS is a social enterprise that works across the North of England, North Wales, the Midlands and East Anglia. We believe that whatever challenges life brings, people should have the chance to change things for the better.
You will support the Shared Lives Manager in the delivery of high quality Shared Lives service by supporting and maintaining individual arrangements. You’ll also be recruiting, assessing and supporting Shared Lives Carers to make sure they have the skills, knowledge and the right training and facilities to undertake the role.
For this exciting opportunity, you’ll need:
- A relevant professional qualification in Social Care or Health, including for example, NVQ Level 3 or a commitment to work towards this and evidence of continuing professional development
- Knowledge of best practice in the delivery of community based care and support services to adults with a range of needs including person centred approaches
- Ability to develop effective relationships with service users, staff teams and Carers to promote positive outcomes, quality and continuous improvement and promotion of the Shared Lives offer.
- Experience of support planning, risk assessment and review processes
- Self-belief and drive, along with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Wednesday 20th December 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 8th January 2018
Please email your completed application and monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org