When you’ve come to the UK for safety (Spinning World)
If you have come to the UK as an asylum seeker or refugee, we can help you and your family.
How can Spinning World help you?
If you are an asylum seeker or refugee, our Spinning World service can help you and your family with how you are feeling.
We can help you cope with anything you and your family have seen and experienced in your life and on your journey to the UK. We can help you if you feel sad, worried, scared or confused, or if you have experienced war.
We have three different services:
- Spinning World (CAMHS): for young people who are asylum seekers and speak English as a second language.
- PC24 Crisis Service: an urgent service for newly arrived asylum seekers, providing up to three sessions of counselling.
- Spinning World ALW (NHS): based in Ashton, Leigh and Wigan, helping migrants and refugees with complex trauma.
How much do our services cost?
Our services are free – you don’t have to pay for them.
What will happen?
One of our therapists will meet with you in private, and you can talk about the things you have seen, how you feel and what you have experienced. You will be safe, we won’t tell anyone that you have got help from us and we won’t judge you. We will help you to cope with what you have experienced and feel better in your own time.
We can also help you with advice about:
- How to settle in to the UK
- Finding somewhere to live
- Helping you find a job
- Helping you claim benefits
- Helping you understand your immigration rights, what forms to fill in and what you need to know after moving to the UK
Help for children
We offer special help for children who are asylum seekers or refugees. We help children to cope with the things they are feeling, things they have seen and things they have experienced. We do this through talking, and also with play therapy and art therapy. We will help in whatever way works for the child.
Help for young people
We have a service for young asylum seekers and refugees under the age of 25.
Help for people in Wigan, Ashton or Leigh
We work with the NHS to provide a service for people who live in Wigan, Ashton or Leigh.
I can’t speak English
If you can’t speak English, we can still help. We will find a translator who can help us talk to each other.
When can I contact you?
The Spinning World office is open Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm.
We can also accept some evening appointments after 5.00pm, if that’s the only time you can do.
You can call our team to make an appointment on: 0151 702 5527
You can also email: email@example.com